What happens after the investigation is complete?

If your claim is valid and the City is legally obligated to pay, you will receive a letter advising you that your claim has been accepted. At this time the adjuster will advise you of the amount of the settlement and provide you with a Release of Claim Form. You must have your signature notarized and return the original Release to the assigned adjuster. Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool (TMLIRP) will send your settlement check.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a claim form?
2. Who will be handling my claim?
3. The City of Baytown damaged my property, or I fell on City property. What do I do?
4. I filled out a claim form and have not heard back from anyone?
5. If I pay for repairs, will the City of Baytown reimburse me? What about a rental vehicle?
6. How long does the investigation process take?
7. When will I receive a determination on my claim?
8. What happens after the investigation is complete?
9. What if my claim is denied?
10. What happens once I accept a settlement offer?
11. Does the City use Independent Contractors to perform work and can they be responsible for damage they cause during the contracted work?